Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xtodmanx

Omega Corps direction to Star Citizen 3.0

3 posts in this topic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greetings Pilots,

Most of you are aware that 3.0 is coming sometime in the future. I think we will have a interim patch 2.6.2 with some necessary technology for 3.0, but who knows... Watch the Production Schedule https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
I want to express my views on Omega and the game to this point. Omega has been a little stale over the past month or so, even with the release of 2.6.1 (mostly bug fixes and multi server support). Generally what happens in a patch release is people play it for a few weeks then it gets boring and they disappear. That is OK I totally understand that there isn't much to keep people interested and the whole game is in Alpha and does have issues that turn people off. I have been getting board testing, testing and testing. When the patch gets released to live I am burned out. Testing is a BIG part of the game, but it should be fun as well.
The Board members and Captains have done all that we can to get the community ready for Star Citizen. Now it is up to YOU !!
With the release of 3.0 I feel that it will be the deciding factor to the success of Omega and the Game moving forward. We have many players that have told me that they are waiting for 3.0. Time will tell.
I thought 2.0 would be a good benchmark to the success of the game with the addition of aUEC, but it didn't get the traction I expected, mostly because of bugs and lack of functionality.
I am optimistic that 3.0 will keep people interested and Teamspeak3 and our other communication platforms will perk up in activity. 3.0 should have Procedural planets and landing, new ships, Better Net Code, new missions, and aUEC we can use to purchase items and stuff. This should appeal to everyone.
In the meantime we are continuing to drive the group forward.
I have re created some rolls for the organization to help drive membership forward. Marketing and Recruiting. If anyone is interested in perusing these rolls to help increase membership and general activity let me or a Board member know.